NYSC disclosed caused  of Corp member’s death!!!

Authorities of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, have attributed the death of Late Ifedolapo Oladepo, a corp member of the 2016 Batch ‘B’, who died at the National Youth Service Corps orientation camp in Kano, to an untreated renal sepsis infection. This is according to investigations carried out by a panel of Inquiry setup to look into the cause of her death.

The panel’s report was presented today by the Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung and Director General of the NYSC, Brig-General Suleiman Kazaure, in Abuja. Ifedapo’s death which occurred on November 29th, made headline news following allegations that she died due to negligence from the medical team in the camp.

Speaking to newsmen at the presentation of the report by the investigation panel, Kazaure attributed Ifedolapo’s death to her “refusal to disclose an ailment she had been battling with before resuming to camp.” “It is clear that the deceased had an ailment whichshe did not disclose.

From the doctors’ report, the corps member died of renal sepsis occasioned by infection. Even, to the untrained, kidney infections do not develop and degenerate to the level of mortality in three days (i.e 7th to 29th November, 2016). The deceased first appeared at the camp clinic with complaints of headache and fever, which she said she had been experiencing for two days. On examination, the doctors on duty noticed rashes on her legs, which she claimed startedappearing as a result of her use of a second-hand knickers she bought without first washing it.

Doctors noticed increase in the rashes on her legs, the deceased still dismissed it as a reaction to usage of a second-hand knicker. Bythis time, she had been vomiting. Therefore, she was admitted at the camp clinic and treated with Drazamol injection and Piriton to soothe her body pains as she was already on malaria drugs.”‎ ‎‎According to Kazaure, after her case degenerated, she was immediately referred to Gwarzo General Hospital for further treatment, where, after examination, “the doctor concludedthat the deceased had kidney infection probably due to untreatedurinary tract infection.”

“The investigation showed that the deceased responded well until about 2:00am on 29th November when her condition worsened, and her body began to show noticeablesigns of fluid retention. 

She was thereafter placed on oxygen as the doctors battled to stabilise her for the long journey to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital.”

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s